WHY DO I NEED AN ELDER LAW ATTORNEY?
Attorneys who concentrate their practices in Elder Law, focus on providing legal services–primarily to senior citizens and others who are looking to plan for their life as they age.
- Elder Law attorneys work closely with families dealing with the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Elder law attorneys also work with families with disabled children and family members with illnesses and legal issues.
- As our average life spans have increased, elder law attorneys have stepped in to ensure needs for an ageing population are effectively anticipated and legally supported.
ELDER LAW ATTORNEYS:
- Focus on helping you to understand your legal options and rights as you age.
- Understand that there are often emotional and legal details that need to be addressed when dealing with chronic illnesses, medical emergencies and end-of-life planning.
- Will help you to anticipate and prepare for the legal aspects of illness, ageing and death, such as:
- The importance of wills and trusts.
- Probate proceedings and the disposition of your assets.
- Planning for a minor or adult with special needs.
- The importance of a living will and a durable power of attorney.
- The importance of creating a plan for your long-term care and understanding your eligibility for financial assistance through Medicaid Planning.
- The importance of finding a trusted individual to be your executor or trustee.
- The importance understanding ways to preserve your assets to minimize tax liability and long-term care costs.
Elder Care attorneys are prepared to ask you about your wishes and to create a plan for your life–and your death–that is customized to your needs and circumstances.
If you are ready to meet with an Elder Law attorney or have additional questions, please feel free to contact us today.
To schedule your free consultation,
email us, or call 1-215-364-1111
or 1-855-992-6337 (Toll Free)